Few Facts About France
- Largest European country by land area
- 2nd largest by population
- 2nd largest economy in Europe and 5th largest in the world
- It is the most visited country in the world and receives around 82 million tourists a year
France is the Mecca of Hospitality
The origin of word hospitality is from an old French word-HOSPICE- which means to provide care/shelter to travellers. Many culinary terms are derived from French language, so whether you are in the kitchen or not you would definitely want to learn how to julienne, blanche, sauce, purée your veggies in the cuisine and order a la carte.
Internship in France enables the hospitality management student’s to have a good learning experience and give them a new perspective on cooking and presentation of food.
Placement Area - Hospitality
Star Hotels & Michelin star restaurants. Placements are located throughout France.
- Food Production / Gastronomy / Pastry
- Bartending / Food & Beverage Service
- Must be enthusiastic and eager to experience new ways of life
- Willing to work very hard to understand global competition for jobs
- Age : 18 years and above
- Enrolled in a hospitality / culinary course
- Student must be proficient in English and have basic knowledge of French (A 1)
90 days to 180 days. Placements available throughout the year. Peak seasons are summer (May / June to October) and winter (November / December to March / April).
5-6 months from date of submission of complete set of documents.
- Minimum stipend of Euros 577 per month
- Free accommodation
- Free meals, thrice a day, 7 days a week
NOTE: This is just an example. Exact amount will differ from place to place and on various factors
- Normal work timings are 35-40 hours per week. Compensatory offs are given for overtime work.
- A candidate cannot take up any other work/employment.
- Pocket money – Euros 600 (approx. Rs. 45,000/-).
- Bank balance of 650 euros per month of internship is required. Balance should be kept for ___months before visa application.
- Cut off Dates: If you do not get placed till 30 / 90 days (short term / long term )before your internship start date, then you should apply for refund as we will not search for placement after the cut-off dates.